Rahm’s 6th global win puts bow on remarkable 2018 for Team TaylorMade.
Carlsbad, CA (December 2, 2018) – TaylorMade’s Jon Rahm pulled away from the field on Sunday with a brilliant display of play to claim the 2018 Hero World Challenge by 4 strokes in his first career appearance. The win is the 24-year-old’s 3rd career PGA TOUR win and his 6th win on global tours.
- Rahm carded 25 birdies or better, set up by his superior iron and wedge play.
- As he has for much of the year, Rahm plays P750 irons from 4-iron to PW equipped with True Temper Project X 6.5 shafts.
- His wedge setup includes two regular Milled Grind wedges (50° bent to 51° and 54° bent to 55°) plus the Milled Grind Hi-Toe 60°, each equipped with Rahm’s trusted True Temper Project X 6.5 shafts.
- Rahm has exclusively played the Spider Tour putter since the CareerBuilder Challenge in 2017. His putter has 2.75° of loft and a 69° lie angle at 37″ (end of grip).
- Rahm has played the TP5x golf ball since making the switch at the 2017 Career Builder Challenge, which he’s gamed in each of his 6 global victories.
Jon Rahm’s Winning Bag at the 2018 Hero Challenge:
M2 Driver | 9.5° | Aldila Tour Green 75TX
M3 Fairway | 16° | Aldila Tour Green 75TX
RSi TP UDI #4 | 23° |True Temper Project X 6.5
P750 Irons | 4-PW | True Temper Project X 6.5
Milled Grind Wedges | 51° & 55° & Hi-Toe 60° | True Temper Project X 6.5
Spider Tour Red Putter
TP5X Golf Ball (#10)