I had the opportunity and privilege to test the Q-Star Tour golf ball from Srixon Golf in 2017 when they came out. That testing went very well and more to the point it was a golf ball that packed a ton of punch at a very affordable price point (Please see the review here). The golf ball was long and had great greenside performance. In fact, the 2017 Q-Star Tour is still one of my go-to golf balls and I had it in play as recently as yesterday.
Srixon Golf has been busy as of late. They recently introduced an 11th Generation Soft Feel golf ball, a new Z Series product range of irons and metalwoods and now the introduction of a new Q-Star Tour golf ball.
Some of the key features of the new Q-Star Tour include:
- Third Generation Spin Skin. A coating which provides more approach spin from any lie.
- A soft thin urethane cover.
- A drag reducing 338 Speed Dimple Pattern which reduces drag while increasing lift.
For more details on this new and improved ball offering from Srixon Golf please see the following press release from Marketing and Communications Specialist for Cleveland and Srixon Golf Noelle Zavaleta.
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. — Sept. 1, 2018 — SRIXON®, a global leader in golf ball technology and innovation, announces the launch of the second generation Q-STAR TOUR golf ball. The Srixon Q-STAR TOUR is available in Pure White™ and Tour Yellow™ and officially launches in North America on September 1, 2018.
“The Q-STAR TOUR golf ball is a tour-caliber, urethane cover golf ball priced lower than some of our competitor’s two-piece offerings,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development.
Designed specifically for skilled players with moderate swing speeds who demand the performance and feel of a tour golf ball, the second generation Q-STAR TOUR offers all-around performance. Q-STAR TOUR features a tour urethane cover, three-piece construction, and lower-compression core to provide maximum distance, feel, and tour-level greenside control. The new Q-STAR TOUR is tour on the outside, soft on the inside.
- Enhanced with Third Generation Spin Skin Coating, the soft, elastic coating creates more greenside spin and better approach spin from any lie, especially from the rough.
- A soft, thin Tour Urethane Cover provides tour-caliber greenside spin for total control.
- The advanced core construction of the Energetic Gradient Growth Core promotes seamless energy transfer to maximize distance and optimize ball performance on every shot.
- The aerodynamic 338 Speed Dimple Pattern reduces drag and increases lift for maximum distance and a more stable, penetrating ball flight in any wind conditions.
“In addition to having a cover that’s as soft as golf balls priced near $50 per dozen, this new Q-STAR TOUR features our low-drag, tour dimple pattern for more distance and a next-generation spin skin coating for more greenside spin,” Brunski said. “It is an extraordinary amount of performance packed into a ball that’s engineered to perform best for golfers who don’t swing at tour player speeds.”
Independent Test Results:
Srixon worked with Golf Laboratories to conduct independent, outdoor robot testing of the new Q-STAR TOUR golf ball against key competitors. The results show how Q-STAR TOUR provides optimal tee-to-green performance at an incredible value:
- The Energetic Gradient Growth Core helps reduce backspin while working together with the 338 Speed Dimple pattern to generate longer driver distance compared to higher-compression tour balls. The Q-STAR TOUR also creates lower sidespin, resulting in more accurate drives than higher-priced options.
- The Q-STAR TOUR, compared to the tour balls tested against it, produced better distance control and a tighter overall dispersion area for precise iron play.
- Srixon’s Q-STAR TOUR deliver the same tour-level control as substantially more expensive golf balls due to Srixon’s proprietary Spin Skin technology.
The Srixon Q-STAR TOUR golf ball officially launches in North America on September 1, 2018, at a MAP of $29.99 per dozen.
Until The Next Tee!!