Carlsbad, Calif. (Jan. 16, 2023) – TaylorMade Golf and World No. 2 on the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings Nelly Korda have agreed to a multi-year partnership beginning at this week’s Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions at Lake Nona.
The eight-time winner on the LPGA Tour, major champion and Olympic Gold Medalist will play a full bag of TaylorMade equipment and TP5 golf ball.
“The captivating talent and unparalleled drive to win Nelly possesses makes us proud to have her join our Team TaylorMade family. Nelly sets a standard of excellence that we are motivated to match by putting the highest performing equipment possible in her hands each week she competes. We are looking forward to working with Nelly towards accomplishing her goal of more major championships and victories on the LPGA Tour in the years to come.”
David Abeles, TaylorMade Golf President & CEO
With testing still ongoing, at Lake Nona this week Korda’s TaylorMade staff bag will feature:
- Stealth 2 HD 9.0° driver
- Stealth 2 15.0° 3-wood
- Stealth 2 21.0° 7-wood
- P·770 5-6 irons, P·7MC 7-PW
- Milled Grind 3 50°, 54° wedges
- TP5 Golf Ball
“I signed with TaylorMade because of their proven ability to elevate the game of the best golfers in the world. In testing with the TaylorMade Tour Team, it was clear that not only was I working with high performing equipment, but also a team that shared my passion for working as hard as possible to be in the best position to win. I’m thrilled to be a part of Team TaylorMade.”
Korda’s consistent delivery and desired draw shot shape made the Stealth 2 HD driver a perfect pair as she noted liking the look and feel of the draw bias head. In her irons, the 2023 P·770’s gave Korda added height to be able to hold greens from the 180-yard range, while in shorter irons the 2023 P·7MC’s provide the dispersion and distance control she was looking for.
After testing the TP5x and TP5 golf balls, Korda decided on TP5 as she was able to maintain a desired trajectory with softer feel and more spin around the greens.
Need to Know: Nelly Korda
- Eight-time winner on the LPGA Tour including the 2021 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship and her most recent victory the 2022 Pelican Women’s Championship
- Currently ranked No. 2 in the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings
- Her other wins include the 2021 Gainbridge LPGA, 2021 Meijer LPGA Classic, 2019 ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open, 2019 and 2019 Taiwan Swinging Skirts LPGA
- Korda won the gold medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and has competed on two Solheim Cup teams in 2019 and 2021
- In her six years on the LPGA Tour, Korda has 46 career Top-10 finishes, including eight in 2022