CARLSBAD, Calif. (Jan. 20, 2022) – TaylorMade Golf Company adds to its impressive roster of talent with the addition of Brooke Henderson, the winningest Canadian golfer on major professional tours with 10 LPGA TOUR wins, including the 2016 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship and 2018 CP Women’s Open.
The 24-year-old Henderson, currently ranked No. 11 in the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings, signs a multi-year contract with TaylorMade Golf to play TaylorMade’s flagship golf ball franchise, TP5x, as well as wear the Tour Preferred Glove.
“We are extremely excited to welcome Brooke to the TaylorMade family. Brooke is undoubtedly an incredible representative of the game of golf, already with several historical accomplishments at her young age that have inspired fans of golf across the world. Her decision to come to TaylorMade and play our TP5x golf ball reinforces our commitment to putting the highest performing golf ball in the hands of the best players across men’s and women’s tours.”David Abeles, TaylorMade Golf CEO
After extensive testing in the off-season, Henderson decided the best performing golf ball for her style of play is the new TP5x. With sister Brittany on the bag for a seventh year, Brooke will play No. 7 on her TP5x.
“Right away the TP5x performed at a high level. I gained yardage off the tee, which is huge for me, while I still was able to have the right amount of spin and great feel around the greens. I also noticed that my iron shots were piercing through windy conditions and holding the line very well. It was really eye opening and I am beyond excited to put the TP5x in play this season.”Brooke Henderson
In addition to the golf ball, Henderson will also wear TaylorMade’s premium glove offering – the Tour Preferred Glove, the glove of choice for TaylorMade Tour players constructed from premium materials for optimal comfort, fit and feel.
BROOKE HENDERSON CAREER NOTES
· Winningest Canadian golfer (men or women) on major professional tours – won 10th career tournament in 2021 at the Hugel-Air Premia LA Open.
· Won 2016 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship to be second youngest women’s major winner ever at 18 years and 10 months old – with the win she rose to No. 2 in the World Golf Rankings, the highest ever by a Canadian (male or female).
· Became third youngest champion in LPGA Tour history by winning the 2015 Cambia Portland Classic as a non-tour member at 17 years and 11 months old.
· Henderson is a two-time Olympic participant competing in 2016 at Rio and 2020 at Tokyo.
· First Canadian ever to be ranked No. one in the Women’s World Amateur Rankings (2014).
· Henderson started playing golf at the age of three to join her father and sister on the course. She is also an avid hockey fan and grew up playing goalie, which she credits for helping grow the mental toughness that has transferred to her professional golf career.
ABOUT TP5X | THE PATH TO DISTANCE
The path to distance has evolved with the all-new TP5x. In 2017, a movement began with the optimal spin and launch conditions provided by our 5-layer construction. Then, we increased ball speed with the HFM Speed Layer and now added advanced aerodynamics with the new Tour Flight Dimple Pattern.