Team TaylorMade’s Dustin Johnson collects his 22nd PGA TOUR win and jumps to No.1 in the FedEx Cup standings
Carlsbad, Calif. (August 23, 2020) – Dustin Johnson adds another win in 2020 with an eleven shot victory at TPC Boston – the first event in the FedEx Cup playoffs. On the back of a T2 at the PGA Championship, Dustin fired four rounds in the 60’s (67-60-64-63) , including recording his lowest career round of 60 on Friday.
Dustin recently added a SIM Max 7 wood (21°) to his bag to complement his SIM Max 3 wood (15°) and will alternate between the 7 wood, a SIM Max 5 wood (18°) and his SIM Max Rescue 3 (18.°) depending on the course.
© Getty Images
As well as sitting atop the FedEx Cup rankings, DJ also jumped back to world no.1 again in the OWGR and now has 93 combined weeks spent at no.1, placing him all-time 5th just behind Sir Nick Faldo (97).
NEED TO KNOW
- Recorded his lowest ever score on the PGA TOUR in R2 with a 60
- Shoots his lowest ever four round score to par since turning professional
- Becomes the new world number 1 (OWGR)
- Has now surpassed Tiger Woods with the most number of PGA TOUR wins (22) since 2008
- His eleven shot victory is the largest margin on the PGA TOUR since 2006
- Now has 93 total weeks spent at world number 1 and is just 5 weeks behind surpassing Sir Nick Faldo (97)
- In R4, DJ hit 86% of fairways and 100% of GIR
- This is the third week in a row that the SIM driver has won on the PGA TOUR
- SIM drivers have now won 50% (6 wins) on the PGA TOUR events since the season re-start in June
© Getty Images
DUSTIN JOHNSON WITB
- SIM 10.5° driver
- SIM Max 15.0° fairway
- SIM Max 21.0 fairway
- P730 3-PW irons
- MG 52° and 60° wedges
- Spider Tour IB Limited
- TP5X ball #1