“First Impressions” Reviews of all of the finalists for 2020 Teezy Awards will start to roll out very soon. Included in this are the CBX FULL-FACE wedges from Cleveland Golf. They were launched the morning of Demo Day and they were really good from everywhere. In particular, I really enjoyed the 64*. They look good and perform even better.
For more information on these wedges from Cleveland Golf, please see the press release below. Thanks go out to Marketing and Communications Specialist for Cleveland Golf Noelle Zavaleta for the share.
Until The Next Tee!!
January 21st, 2020 – Cleveland Golf is proud to announce the release of two new wedge offerings: the Cleveland CBX Full-Face and the Smart Sole 4. Built with grooves across the entire face, the Cleveland CBX Full-Face delivers a larger face area and more versatility to make difficult greenside shots easier, while the Smart Sole 4 makes the short game easier. Cleveland’s Smart Sole 4 will launch in North America on Feb. 7, 2020, while the Cleveland CBX Full-Face will launch in North America on Feb. 28, 2020.
CLEVELAND CBX FULL-FACE
The Cleveland CBX Full-Face is a new wedge model that focuses on offering maximum short game versatility with added forgiveness for all those delicate shots around the green.
“Our new Cleveland CBX Full-Face is a perfect way to complete our wedge lineup,” said Brian Schielke, Marketing Director at Cleveland Golf. “It helps golfers execute the most demanding shots they’ll encounter thanks to a larger striking surface with extended grooves running across the face. It does this while maintaining great feel and the signature forgiveness golfers have come to expect in every Cleveland CBX wedge.”
Cleveland CBX Full-Face provides a high toe profile that is perfect for sliding under the golf ball on the most aggressive short game shot. The Cleveland CBX Full-Face delivers a unique half-cavity design with a cavity near the heel and solid muscle back on the toe, which pushes the center of gravity away from the heel and closer in line with strike patterns for improved consistency and feel.
Additionally, the Cleveland CBX Full-Face takes Rotex Face Milling to the next level by extending across the entire face of the wedge for more spin and unmatched stopping power. Cleveland CBX Full-Face features a C-Shaped sole grind, which provides extra relief on the heel and toe for ultimate short game versatility.
Here is a breakdown of the key innovations inside the Cleveland CBX Full-Face:
- High Toe Profile: Hit more extreme open face shots with an extended toe portion, perfect for sliding under the golf ball and striking it on the toe.
- Rotex Full Face: Rotex Milling, Laser Milling, and Tour Zip Grooves cover every millimeter of the hitting surface, ensuring maximum versatility with maximum spin.
- Half-Cavity Design: A cavity near the heel, a solid muscle back on the toe. We’ve moved the sweet spot right where you’re most likely to hit the ball, improving feel and pushing forgiveness levels off the charts.
- Low C-Shaped Sole: Optimized for open face shots, Full-Face offers our lowest Cleveland CBX grind to date. It’s also C-Shaped for relief on the heel and toe, allowing for unhindered face manipulation.
Cleveland’s CBX Full-Face wedges are offered in 4 loft options (56°, 58°, 60°, and 64°) and are priced at $149.99 MAP.
SMART SOLE 4 WEDGES
The Smart Sole 4 from Cleveland Golf delivers a simpler short game system with a wedge designed for every shot. Here is a breakdown of the three different Smart Sole 4 wedges: the C model engineered for foolproof chip shots, an S model for easier sand saves, and a new G model for additional forgiveness on approach shots into the green.
Smart Sole 4 features an extra wide sole across all three models with extra leading edge bounce to ensure crisp, clean contact and better stability. Upgraded Feel Balancing Technology adjusts the center of gravity closer to sweet spot for better feel, while new premium milled grooves channel moisture and debris away from the impact zone for improved spin performance from any conditions.
Below are the key innovations inside the Smart Sole 4 Wedges:
- Enhanced Three-Tiered Sole: An extra wide three-tiered sole, with added leading edge bounce, provides maximum forgiveness from the fairway, rough or out of the bunker.
- Improved Feel Balancing Technology: The redistribution of weight from the hosel allows the center of gravity to be moved closer to the center of the clubface for better feel and more consistency.
- Aggressive Milled Grooves: New aggressive milled grooves generate better spin performance from any conditions.
- New Gap Wedge: The addition of the “G” model provides full-shot capability and extensive versatility to go along with the “S” and “C” models.
Cleveland’s Smart Sole 4 wedges are offered in three different models. The C model (42°), G model (50°), and S model (58°) come in right and left-handed options as well as Men’s and Women’s offerings.
Smart Sole 4 wedges are priced at $119.99 MAP for Men’s Steel and $129.99 for Men’s Graphite, while the Women’s Smart Sole 4 wedges are priced at $119.99 MAP for graphite.
For more detailed information on the Cleveland CBX Full-Face and Smart Sole 4 Wedges, please visit: clevelandgolf.com.