TaylorMade brand is #1 played Driver, Fairway, Iron, Putter and Ball within the 72 player field featuring the top PGA of Canada Professionals in player rankings.
After two steady rounds of 70 and 71 to open the stroke play rounds, Dustin Risdon continued to elevate his game at Whistle Bear Golf Club as he moved on from match to match, eventually winning 4 matches over 2 days, capturing the 2019 PGA Championship of Canada title for the first time. With TaylorMade Driver, Fairway, Irons, Wedges and Ball, Risdon continues to rise in PGA of Canada Player Rankings, with an estimated move from 7th place into the top 5.
Dustin Risdon, was joined by Oliver Tubb, Bryn Parry and Marc-Etienne Bussieres to create an all #TeamTaylorMade Canada final four. The final match against Oliver Tubb, featuring duelling M5 and M6 Drivers, was bound to be exciting as both Professionals played strong from their first round, and continued their strong play throughout their 6th round of golf in only 4 days. In the end, Risdon rose to the top and won the match 3 and 1.
What You Need to Know:
- 38-year-old Risdon wins the PGA Championship of Canada for the first time
- Risdon used a new M6 9* Driver, new M6 Rocket 14* Fairway and new TP5X golf ball on his way to victory
- Risdon adds his name to the historic P.D. Ross Trophy, joining golf legends such as Arnold Palmer, Moe Norman, George Knudson, and Lee Trevino.
- TaylorMade was the #1 Driver, Fairway, Iron, Putter and Ball in play among the field of 72 Professionals
- TaylorMade TP5 and TP5X golf balls were played by 33 Professionals in the field (46%), and TaylorMade Drivers were also used by 33 Professionals off the tee
- TaylorMade Golf Canada sponsors a Championship in every zone across the country, providing a direct exemption into the PGA Championship of Canada.
- Zone events this year will again provide an early entry exemption into the 2020 event. This year, 7 of the 9 exemptions from 2018 made the trip to Whistle Bear and took part in the championship.