In the not-so distant future I will be doing reviews on the new “M Series” of metalwoods from TaylorMade Golf. Until those reviews happen all that I will say on the topic is that I preferred the M3 in terms of…. everything.
This past weekend at the Waste Management Open in Scottsdale, AZ Gary Woodland erased a three-stroke deficit to come from behind to notch the victory. This was his first win since 2013. The M3 440 was instrumental in securing the victory. Below are the “Need To Knows” about Woodland’s victory and details about his metalwoods as shared by Nick Obritsch who is the Communications Manager for TaylorMade Golf Canada.
What You Need to Know:
– Woodland added a 9° M3 440 driver to the bag just last week at the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, where he went on to finish T12.
– Woodland’s driver is equipped with an Accra Tour RPG shaft at 44.75″, tipped 2″ with a D4 swingweight. It’s set to lower, with an actual loft of 8.5°. He has one weight pushed all the way forward and the second at 3/4″ back on the Y-Track.
– For the week, he averaged 314.1 yards off the tee with a long drive of 364 on Sunday.
– TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 4 of the last 5 PGA tournaments (as well as 1 European Tour event in that timeframe), with Woodland joining TaylorMade stablemates Dustin Johnson, Jon Rahm and Jason Day as tournament champions winning with Twist Face on the PGA TOUR.
– Woodland’s victory is his 3rd on the PGA TOUR, earning him 500 FedExCup points.
– In addition to his M3 440 driver, Woodland also plays a ’17 TaylorMade M2 Tour fairway wood at 15° and a ’17 M2 fairway, both equipped with Accra’s Tour ZX4100 shafts.
Woodland’s TaylorMade Metalwoods at the Phoenix Open:
M3 440 Driver | 9° | Accra Tour RPG
M2 Tour Fairway | 15° | Accra Tour ZX 4100
M2 Fairway | 18° | Accra Tour ZX 4100
Until The Next Tee!!