Monday finishes on the PGA Tour certainly aren’t ideal.
But if you were to ask Jason Day how he felt about the Monday finish I think he might be ecstatic about the Monday finish this past week. In a playoff determined Monday Day went on to win the 2018 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines this past week. In this press release released from TaylorMade Golf Canada (thanks to Nick Obritsch) they list what Jason Day had in his golf bag to capture the victory.
Also of importance, I feel that it’s my duty to inform everyone that Jason Day was also playing shafts from TPT Golf in his driver and fairway wood. Yes… the same shaft played by Justin Rose that assisted Rose in having a killer end to the 2017 Tour season. below is the press release.
What You Need to Know:
– After testing with the Tour team in the weeks leading up to the tournament, Jason Day settled on TaylorMade’s new M3 driver (10.5° turned down to 9°) with one weight all the way forward and the second, 1″ back of neutral. Day loves Twist Face Technology in the M3 because it minimizes the diving hooks he occasionally misses with on high-toe strikes. For the week, he averaged over 321+ yards off the tee.
– TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 3 of the last 4 PGA tournaments (as well as 1 European Tour event in that timeframe), with Day joining TaylorMade stablemates Dustin Johnson and Jon Rahm as tournament champions on the PGA TOUR.
– Day’s victory is his eleventh on the PGA TOUR and fifteenth as a professional.
– Day continues to use the P750 irons, which he first put into play in Kapaula last year. His setup has remain unchanged, using 3-PW with True Temper’s Dynamic Gold X7 shafts.
– Day’s wedge setup occasionally varies depending on the course setup, but he’s gotten comfortable with the 48°/52°/60° combination so far this year.
ABOUT TAYLORMADE GOLF CANADA
About TaylorMade Golf Company Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M1 and M2 metalwoods, M1 and M2 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 15 in the world.
– Using the Spider Tour Red putter he himself made one of the most popular models on Tour and TaylorMade’s most sought-after putter in the lineup, Day carded 21 birdies or better for the tournament.
– Day has praised the performance of the TP5x golf ball since he first put it into play at the Tournament of Champions in Kapalua last year. It’s stamped with his tradional kangaroo and #87.
– With the win, Day moves into the early-season top 10 in the FedExCup rankings.
Jason Day’s Winning Bag at the Farmers Insurance Open
M3 Driver | 10.5° | TPT Golf Prototype
M1 (’17) Fairway | 15° | TPT Golf Prototype
P750 Irons | 3-PW | TT Dynamic Gold X7
Milled Grind Wedges | 48° w/TT Dynamic Gold X7 and 52 & 60 w/ TT Dynamic Gold S400
Spider Tour Red Putter
TP5X Golf Ball (#87)
Until The Next Tee!!